Governors Road Bridge Rehabilitation Project
The City of Hamilton is undertaking construction work on Bridge 296 on Governors Road in Dundas starting on June 26, 2023 and expect to be substantially completed by November, 2023, weather permitting.
During this time, these works are proposed on Governors Road Bridge:
- Bridge 296 rehabilitation
- Watermain installation, upgrade, and replacement
- Curb and sidewalk replacement
- New traffic signal infrastructure
- Road reconstruction and repaving
Access During Project
Full road closures will not be a part of this contract however extensive lane closures will result in traffic delays while the work is being done. Lane closures are:
- Governors Road Bridge will be down to one lane, with temporary traffic signals alternating the traffic flows
- Major delays should be expected in the area
- Restricted lane turning movements will be as follows (initiated during future localized works)
- Ogilvie at Governors
- Main at Governors
All HSR stops will be maintained, they will be moved/shifted when required for localized works.
As construction progresses, those in the area may experience some inconvenience such as noise, dust, temporary disruption of water service and as noted restricted traffic movement. Every effort will be made to do the work in a timely manner and to keep any inconvenience to a minimum.
We thank you for your patience during this construction period while we complete this important infrastructure project.