Dental Health Bus
Our dentists provide free emergency dental services such as x-rays, dental fillings, extractions or removal of teeth, and antibiotics for dental infections for Hamilton adults with low income and no other dental coverage.
- Come to the location where we park the bus to see a dentist.
- No appointments are booked; we see you on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Priority is given to people with emergencies.
Clients with Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program coverage cannot access dental services on the bus.
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Closed from 12 noon to 1 pm
Public washroom access may not always be available
Important - Please bring a list of your current medications and/or the name of your pharmacy with you. Patients are assessed based on urgent dental need rather than order of arrival. Staff assess patients at 8:30 am and 1:00 pm and at other times when possible. Clients must register before 3:15 pm. While we try to see as many patients as we can, unfortunately we cannot always treat everyone who arrives with dental emergencies. We thank you for your understanding.
Inclement Weather in the event that both the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board and the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board are closed due to inclement weather, the Dental Health Bus will be closed.
In order to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- We ask that clients arrive wearing a mask. For those who do not have a mask, one will be provided.
- Social distancing remains one of the most effective ways to stop COVID-19 transmission and we ask all bus clients to observe a 6 ft spacing between each other for everyone’s safety
- All clients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms
Locations & Schedule
The Dental Health Bus is open:
- Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 12 noon and 1 to 4:30 pm
- The bus is closed for all Statutory Holidays. Also closed when both Hamilton-Wentworth District School Boards are closed for inclement weather.
Dental Health Bus closures
- January 25 2023 afternoon only
- February 20 2023
- February 27 2023 afternoon only
Dental Health Bus January to March 2023 Schedule
|Location||Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Centre||Dominic Agostino Riverdale Community Centre||Neighbour2Neighbour||East Kiwanis Boys and Girls Club||Neighbour2Neighbour|
|Address||192 Wentworth Street North, Hamilton||150 Violet Drive, Hamilton - off Centennial Parkway||28 Athens Street, Hamilton (off Mohawk between Upper James Street and West 5th Street)||45 Ellis Avenue, Hamilton (at Barton Street and Ellis Avenue)||28 Athens Street, Hamilton (off Mohawk between Upper James Street and West 5th Street)|