Community Food Advisors
Book a Community Food Advisor
Community Food Advisors services are free; however, you may have to pay for food or supplies needed for your request and/or travel expenses.
Requirements for booking the Community Food Advisors:
- You must have a group of 15 or more people
- You must book a minimum of two weeks before the requested presentation date
Community Food Advisors are trained volunteers who work with groups in Hamilton to share information on healthy eating, food preparation and food safety.
They provide presentations and food demonstrations on:
- Canada's Food Guide
- Cooking for one
- Safe food handling
- Healthy eating on a budget
- Healthy eating for seniors
- Low-fat cooking
- Planning healthy breakfasts, lunches or snacks
- Quick and easy meals