St. Mark’s Church Restoration
The former St. Mark's Church located on the corner of Bay and Hunter streets in downtown Hamilton is being restored and expanded with a new addition to prepare for a new use.
This beautiful heritage building will be the new home of the St. Mark’s Centre, a space for arts and cultural programming, music and community use. The project will revitalize this downtown landmark providing quality programming and a public park and gardens.
- A new addition on the west side of the building that includes a new barrier-free entrance, washrooms and kitchenette;
- Barrier-free facility including the stage;
- Restoration of the historic interior including beautiful woodwork and stained-glass windows;
- Large outdoor gathering space with a large patio and perennial gardens;
- Green infrastructure to manage stormwater and energy use.
Opening Fall 2024