- Use the Search By-laws tool and enter a keyword (e.g. Fence) or a by-law number (e.g. 22-001).
- Narrow your search results by using the Category and Sort By filter options.
- Browse the search results. To view a PDF version, click on the by-law number and title of your choice.
The online listing is updated as City Council passes new by-laws.
Disclaimer: By-laws contained in this section have been prepared for the purpose of convenience only and are not certified true copies. Where available, office consolidated versions, combining the original By-law and any amendments, are provided for ease of use. For accurate reference, consult copies of the official By-laws and documents in the Records Division of the Office of the City Clerk.
For by-laws and documents that are not available in an electronic format, email [email protected].
The by-laws include those enacted, amended and repealed by City Council, as well as those enacted, amended and repealed by the Ontario Municipal Board, Ontario Land Tribunal or Local Planning Appeal Tribunal. The City of Hamilton provides online access to reference copies of current by-laws dating from 2004 to the present.
There may be one or more subject categories assigned to each by-law depending on context. Selecting a specific category can narrow your search.
By-laws are the official rules that define how the City is governed
- Zoning By-law No. 05-200, T
- Town of Ancaster Zoning By-law No. 87-57,
- Town of Dundas Zoning By-law No. 3581-86,
- Town of Flamborough Zoning By-law No. 90-145-Z,
- Township of Glanbrook Zoning By-law No. 464,
- Hamilton Zoning By-law No. 6593 and
- Stoney Creek Zoning By-law No. 3692-92
Respecting Amendments to the Secondary Dwelling Unit Regulations. CI-20-E